Sunday, March 9, 2008

Exodus + Goatwhore + Arsis + Warbringer @ BB King's 020408

I was totally psyched for this one...Goatwhore is worth the price alone, so having Exodus on the bill is like a triple bonus! Unfortunately the set times were pushed up a little bit, so we missed the first couple Goatwhore songs. They ripped it. I've been a fan of Exodus since 1989's Fabulous Disaster...luckily Gary Holt, original guitarist, decided to keep things going after all these years. Oh, and did I mention Tom Hunting is now back in the lineup?!? It took them awhile, but they finally got to a some old ones...I'm sure I've forgotten a couple, but I definitely remember hearing 'A Call to Arms', 'Riot Act', 'Shovel-Headed Kill Machine', 'Bedlam 123', 'Children of a Worthless God', 'Fabulous Disaster', 'A Lesson in Violence', 'Bonded by Blood', 'Blacklist', 'Funeral Hymn', 'Iconoclasm', 'War is my Shepard' and 'Toxic Waltz'. Surprisingly, they didn't play anything from Impact is Imminent...I was looking forward to a little 'Objection Overruled' action. I was not surprised, however, that they skipped over every track from Force of Habit, their weakest release. Arsis and Warbringer were also on the tour (and I missed them both).

Also, please note that I was not using flash at this show, so the pictures aren't that great.

Exodus
This is the new Exodus vocalist. He looks like he's in a motorcycle gang (check out that wicked scar).


Gary (Holt) and Rick's (Hunolt) riffing style pretty much defines Bay Area thrash for me. At the top of their game, nobody could touch these guys...only Slayer and Vio-lence came close...

No comments: