Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Precious Metal: Biclops + Aphonia + Sydbarret @ Lit Lounge 012609

Ok, so let it be known that I wasn't in the greatest mood heading into tonite's show.  I mis-timed my arrival (read: they actually started on time) and walked in mid-Sydbarret, which automatically pissed me off since there're pretty fucken good.  I rarely ridicule or talk shit on any bands, but Aphonia was a total letdown.  First off, they were NOT metal in any way.  Most annoying was the over-animated lead singer, who had a great voice but waaaaay too much energy for me at that particular moment in time.  Biclops started off great; call it impatience or jaded concertgoer elitism, but after a broken bass string and malfunctioning amp, I busted outta there for a falafel.  Again, just a touch irritable this evening...

Biclops

No comments: