Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Precious Metal: Romans + Sydbarret + Torrential Downpour @ Lit Lounge 072808

I forgot my earplugs for the umpteenth time, but I think my cells/receptors/whatever died happily at tonite's installment of Precious Metal. Torrential Downpour came with the grind, left most of the atmospherics behind, and put together a great set. There were even xylophones involved! The origin of this evening's excitement was the chance to catch Romans for the second time, as they made a return to the basement on the back of their national tour supporting 'All Those Wrists'. I inadvertently saved Tom, vocalist, trying to buy a t-shirt after their set ...he was talking to a dude with a shaved head wearing a tight black dress and high heels. Metal party indeed. Spent a few minutes with Justin catching up on their adventures since the last show and he actually said that Pittsburgh was one of the band's favorite stops! As my pseudo hometown, that made me smile. Oh, and the music? They killed it. Again.

NJ's Torrential Downpour

SydBarret

VT's Romans

No comments: