Monday, March 9, 2009

Precious Metal: Pollution + Savage Skull + Misanthropy Legion @ Lit Lounge 010509

A true metal delight was in-store for all this evening in Lit's dilapidated quarters.  This was Misanthropy Legion's second go-around at Precious Metal, and I was sad to learn from Joe (guitars/vocals) that the group would soon be disbanding in order to pursue a different musical direction.  No matter, I still have their sticker on my snowboard.  Long live 'New Jersey Black Metal'.  Savage Skull was a speed metal tsunami and sounded like an old-school basement production-style black metal cover of 80's Bay-Area thrash.  They brought the headbangers out!  I was really into Brooklyn's Pollution - they were off the hook.  I'm thinking that the drummer was on some sort of synthetic form of adrenaline cuz my man was nonstop!

Pollution, from Brooklyn...


No comments: