Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Despised Icon + Beneath The Massacre + Carnifex + Neuraxis + Plasmarifle @ Blender Theater 022509

I'm definitely not a fan of the new deathcore genre (the dancing is the worst), but a dearth of metal shows in NYC pretty much force me into this one.  The package was dubbed the 'Montreal Assault Tour', but Carnifex is from the States, and they suck.  Really.  I wouldn't even download this shit.  Do you really need a breakdown in every song at the exact same time?  Have a great career on MTV, douchbags.  I was saddened to see that Beneath The Massacre, a solid technical death metal band, had somehow evolved into the deathcore junkie's wet dream.  Let's hope it was just the crowd getting warmed up for Despised Icon's dual vokill attack.  I totally missed Plasmarifle but got there in time to catch  a blistering set from Neuraxis.  

Neuraxis

Beneath The Massacre

Despised Icon

No comments: