Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Precious Metal: Romans + Harpoon + The Muzzler + Bazooka Christ @ Lit Lounge 061608

With three of the four bands coming from out of town coupled with the high price of gas, it is a damn miracle there were no cancellations for this week's installment of Precious Metal.  Although I missed Bazooka Christ's set, it was described to me as 'very sloppy punk'.  Later, I overheard someone talking about how much they'd improved, so who knows what I missed!  Props to The Muzzler's singer who was rockin the YOU CAN'T SEE ME wristbands.  Classic with a twist.  Chicago's Harpoon were in the midst of a mini-tour, and I spent a few minutes chatting with Dean, who plays guitar and does all the drum programming (and doesn't look a day older than 16).  Fronted by the ex-member from 7000 Dying Rats (who released a less than mediocre album a few years back), I gotta say that this is one of the few metal bands using a drum machine that I really enjoyed (one of the others being Creamface).  Romans reminded me of a cross between Poison The Well, Eyehategod and Dark Funeral.  Yeah, I know...maybe I need to give them another listen.

The Muzzler

Chicago's Harpoon

Dean from Harpoon getting his guitar on...

Romans recently signed to Black Market Activities and have a new album out now called 'All Those Wrists'...

No comments: